December 18, 2019
*** Torment of Velious ***
– The lands and denizens of the continent of Velious are suffering. The icy landscape has seemingly come to life and is flowing oddly upward toward the sky. This restless ice is infecting and animating the inhabitants it touches, turning them into zombie-like beings with a strange icy infection that appears alive in its own way – moving and shifting over their bodies. What has caused this strange turn? And what could it mean? All adventurers are called upon to unravel the chilling mysteries that are the Torment of Velious.
– See Belinda in Northern Desert of Ro to get there.
– Increased the maximum level cap to 115.
– Added a new key ring for Hero’s Forge armor pieces and suits.
*** Items ***
– New items for level 111 to 115 characters.
– Fixed an art issue with two Marketplace housing items: White Frontier Door and White Frontier Shack.
*** Tradeskills ***
– New crafting recipes for baking, brewing, tailoring, smithing, research, fishing, fletching, alchemy, tinkering, poison making, jewelry making, and pottery.
*** Quests And Events ***
– New Raids, Quests, and Missions for Torment of Velious!
– – Tier 1 raids are unlocking 30 days after the expansion launches.
– – Tier 2 raids are unlocking 60 days after the expansion launches.
– – Tier 3 raids are unlocking 90 days after the expansion launches.
– End of Empire (Raid) – Fixed a bug that prevented the shield from creating the protective aura.
– Counting Shadows – Improved operation of the task. It should be nearly impossible to be blocked by doing the steps out of order.
– Velishan’s Revenge – Corrected a bug that would make it impossible to force the dragon to change forms.
– Braxi Roundup – You can now select a Snowstorm Ornamentation as a reward even if you’ve already received a Snowstorm Ornamentation in the past.
*** Spells ***
– Added new spells and combat abilities for level 111 to 115 characters.
– Scribing new ranks of spells will now un-memorize the spells that are a lower rank in that same group.
– Many long term buffs for levels 111 to 115 have been changed from three ranks to one powerful rank, available on vendors alongside other rank 1 spells.
– Level 111 to 115 hybrid class healing spells will now target an ally or the target’s target, meaning you do not need to switch targets to heal.
– Cleric – Divine Alliance now modifies spells up to level 115.
– Druid – Bosquetender’s Alliance now modifies spells up to level 115.
– Druid – Skin to Sumac now modifies spells up to level 115.
– Paladin – Harmonious Blessing now reacts to spells up to level 115. Harmonious Illumination can now stun targets up to level 115.
– Paladin – Remorseful Effect (from Remorse for the Fallen) now affects spells up to level 115.
– Shadowknight – Remorselessness (from Remorseless Demeanor) now affects spells up to level 115.
– Shaman – Ancient Alliance now modifies spells up to level 115.
*** AA ***
– New AA abilities for level 111 to 115 characters.
– All – Adjusted the AA ability window descriptions and spell descriptions for all ranks of every AA line that was upgraded with new ranks for Torment of Velious to include spell description links and more accurate information regarding how each ability functions.
– Multiple – Made the following changes to Cleric’s Exquisite Benediction, Druid’s Nature’s Boon, and Shaman’s Call of the Ancients:
– – Reduced the initial reuse time from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.
– – Granted the ward immunity from damage so that it cannot be killed early.
– – Changed the healing spells cast by the ward from a heal over time cast every 10 seconds to a direct heal cast every 6 seconds and increased the base value of the heal.
– – Increased the range of the ward’s heal from 60 to 100 feet.
– Bard – Changed Selo’s Sonata to cast the highest rank of Selo’s Accelerando that you have scribed and added a passive effect that extends the duration of Selo’s Accelerando by 2 minutes.
– Cleric – Adjusted buff stacking on Divine Avatar to reduce conflicts with other buffs.
– Magician – Changed the pet summoned by all ranks of Servant of Ro to follow the caster when out of combat, improved its survivability, and increased the damage done by all ranks.
– Necromancer – Changed Gathering Dusk from a delayed damage over time effect that is applied after an initial hatred generation period to an activated damage over time effect that blesses the caster with a buff that both increases DoT damage and negates Spell Casting Subtlety for 24 seconds.
– Necromancer – Added additional ranks of Embalmer’s Carapace from levels 85 to 110, reduced the damage absorption total of the existing ranks, and reduced the reuse time from 20 minutes to 15 minutes. Extended the duration of the buff and removed the hit limit from all ranks. Replaced the self damaging component that was previously triggered after the rune expired with a self damaging component that is active during damage absorption. Removed the critical DoT damage modifier from this line and increased the critical DoT damage modifier for ranks 7+ of Spire of Necromancy.
– Necromancer – Renamed Gift of Deathly Resolve to Heretic’s Twincast and modified the functionality of this ability to match that of Improved Twincast.
– Paladin – Changed Marr’s Salvation from a single target buff to a targeted group buff. Increased the duration of all ranks to 10 minutes and the recast time of all ranks to 5 minutes. Adjusted the levels and expansions that each rank is made available to more closely match the Shadowknight ability Voice of Thule.
– Ranger – Consolidated Outrider’s Attack to be ranks of Outrider’s Accuracy and modified all ranks to grant the bonuses of each ability. Adjusted the levels and expansions that each rank becomes available for purchase.
– Rogue – Changed all ranks of Envenomed Blades to a toggled passive ability and adjusted the damage based on its previous uptime.
– Shaman – Adjusted buff stacking on Rabid Bear to reduce conflicts with other buffs.
– Warrior – Removed the self damaging component of Warlord’s Tenacity.
*** NPCs ***
– Rare spawn bonuses will no longer prevent Telgrith, Black Legion Captain from spawning in Direwind.
– Capped strikethrough values on non-raid NPCs from Underfoot to Torment of Velious. You should see fewer strikethroughs, especially from higher level NPCs.
– The ghostly student in the Tower of Frozen Shadow who appears in odd places on the 6th floor has found his way back to the 2nd floor library.
– Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures will scale more appropriately at higher levels.
– Level 106-110 NPCs in Heroic Adventures now base their stats on tier 1 Ring of Scale instead of tier 1 Empires of Kunark.
*** Mercenaries ***
– Increased the abilities of level 111 to 115 mercenaries.
*** Progression Servers ***
– Accelerated the unlock schedule of Rain of Fear and Call of the Forsaken later tiered content.
– Decreased turn-ins required to unlock the druid rings in Shard’s Landing.
*** Miscellaneous ***
– Customers browsing a Buyer or Trader in the Bazaar will be prompted to re-open the Merchant/Barter Window if there is a price change before they are allowed to complete a transaction.
– Vex Thal – Fixed a bug that would send players to the zone in if they got too close to some walls in the rooms where the various Khaas Thox Aten Ha Ra hang out.
– Fixed a crash that can occur at the server select screen.
– Fixed a problem in Valdeholm that was causing characters to fall through the world if LoD bias was set to low.
– Granted access to Ring of Scale content for free to play players.
*** UI ***
– Corrected an issue where right-clicking an AA hotbutton would not always go to the correct AA description.
– Corrected an issue where avoiding a hit by a lucky riposte would not display that it was lucky.
– Corrected an issue where a twinproc would cause additional procs from the same cast to report incorrectly as twincasts.
– Corrected an issue where the Marketplace did not always display a membership discount correctly at the character select screen.
– Moved spell emotes from heal messages to their own line of text instead of at the beginning of a heal line.
– – Removed the spell emote that made it look like the caster of a lifetap was hit by the spell.
– Added the ShowHeader property for the ListBox control to allow for hiding the header via XML.
– Added –
– Changed –
– The EverQuest Team