May 18, 2022
*** Highlights ***
– Refactored the way buffs/debuffs are stored on characters and NPCs, enabling an increase in hostile NPC’s maximum from 97 to 200. This required a one-time clearing of saved buffs on mercenaries and pets.
– Check out everquest.com/packs this month for the new Trying Toxicologist and Vexing Vermin Bundles!
– Mercenary tiers have been simplified. See below for details.
– Look to the Marketplace this month for the Ogre Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Ogre Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
*** Items ***
– Added a chance for Weather-Worn Signet, Tarnished Signet, and Glimmering Signet to drop off of dragorn within The Ruined City of Dranik, Muramite Proving Grounds, and Wall of Slaughter. Crystal-Gemmed Signet have a chance to drop from pyrilen in the Riftseekers’ Sanctum.
– Added the quest flag to the following items: Weather-Worn Signet, Tarnished Signet, Glimmering Signet, Crystal-Gemmed Signet, Two-Toned Signet, Discolored Signet, Dust-Marred Signet, Mastery of Mind Rune, Mastery of Body Rune, Mastery of Tactics Rune, Mastery of Arcana Rune, Mastery of Realms Rune, and Mastery of Power Rune.
*** Quests & Events ***
– Whispers in the Dark: The Shak Dratha Overseer can be defeated at any time during the mission and get credit for doing so.
– Close the Gate (Raid): The ravens will now be removed on success and reset. Also, NPCs should no longer be targeted by the dark aura and shining light emotes.
– Solteris Raid: Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul will now be active and ready to fight.
– Torment of Velious raid chests can once again be looted.
– Mistmoore Catacombs: The Lost Party – The two-group LDON adventure offered by Alinai Kaneriti has been updated to use the shared task system.
– The Rujarkian Hills: Rescue Bartleby – The two-group LDON adventure offered by Eewatt Halmoore has been updated to use the shared task system and should now function as expected.
– Updated the achievement “Hero’s Journey >> Quests >> Qeynos Quests – Bard Report” to register quest completion if a combination of day and night shift reports are turned in.
– The Revolt of Gloomingdeep: The step “Speak to Elegist and learn about Mercenaries” is now optional.
*** Spells ***
– Druid – Debuff values now match for Cowl and Gaze of Ro, as well as Cinch and Scrutiny of Ro. This will once again allow the single target debuffs to overwrite the AE debuffs and vice versa.
– Paladin – Remorseful Effect now focuses heal spells up to level 120.
– Shaman – Added a worn off message to the Pack of Aina line of spells that add swarm pets as a cast proc.
– Corrected an issue where spells that increase incoming damage by a percentage, such as Season’s Wrath, would apply their bonus twice if the target was also affected by spells that increase incoming damage by a flat rate, such as Tenebrous Sunray.
– Spells that consume the target’s mana or endurance to heal or harm the target, such as Tears of Xenacious, will now report the amount of damage or healing done to the target and caster.
– Refactored the way buffs/debuffs are stored on characters and NPCs, enabling an increase in NPC maximum from 97 to 200. This required a one-time clearing of saved buffs on mercenaries and pets.
*** NPCs ***
– Updated Mayong Mistmoore to consistently use the undead bodytype.
– Updated shades in Terror of Luclin to consistently use the undead bodytype and akheva to consistently use the humanoid bodytype.
– Relm M’Lock will now send your entire party to either the Plane of Hate or the Plane of Sky when you hand in the proper stone.
*** Mercenaries ***
– Mercenaries have been simplified. There are no longer Tiers of mercenaries, only Apprentice and Journeyman ranks.
– – The Apprentice mercenaries are the former Apprentice Tier-V while Journeyman mercenaries are the former Journeyman Tier-V.
– – You must have an all-access account in order to use Journeyman mercenaries. This includes temporary all access gained through using Krono.
*** Progression Servers ***
– Enabled free transfers off Phinigel to other non-progression servers.
*** Miscellaneous ***
– Fixed an issue that caused cloth skirt armor to display for erudite females when wearing a chain tunic.
– Fixed a client disconnect when exchanging coins at a banker.
*** UI ***
– Fixed an issue where right clicking a social would not reset the currently running social line.
– Corrected an issue that caused the keybind for toggling the visibility of the Spell Gems and Player Information windows to not work properly.
– Updated the EQ button to always have the Achievements button available on all servers.
– Corrected an issue that caused some window settings, such as lock status, to reset when zoning.
– Updated the Grab Item button in the Find Item Window to use a slider for choosing a quantity of items to grab. Using CTRL or SHIFT while pressing the button now grabs one or all of an item, respectively.
*** Previously Updated ***
– Corrected an issue that caused some disciplines to be unusable after zoning.
– Ikkinz (Raid Event) – Fixed Stalwart Defender being immune to pick pocket.
– Corrected an issue where specialization skills would reset when you zoned at lower levels.
– The Shades of Luclin have had their ability to see through invisibility reduced in cases where the change to undead body types created unintentionally hostile environments.
– The EverQuest Team