January 15, 2020
*** Highlights ***
– Crusader Vraket in the Eastern Wastes is looking for adventurers who are willing to prove their crafting skills and pay tribute to Rallos Zek.
*** Items ***
– Corrected an issue where right-clicking the Compressed Banquet Complete Set would cause the item to poof with no reward if you didn’t have a top level inventory slot open.
– Added a range value to Frostbite, Frost Strike, Spruce Berry Bow, and Sparkling Soul Bow.
– Berserkers can now use Mazicul’s Magical Makeup.
– Velium Infused Gem of Striking now fits in all weapons and Reactive Velium Infused Gem of Striking and Complimentary Velium Infused Gem of Striking now fit in all items that have compatible equip slots.
– Fixed an issue that prevented the Torment of Velious armor set charms from working correctly.
– Arctic Ornament is now named Arctic Orb, as it was not actually an Ornament.
– The cursed items offered by the yearning inhabitants on the 3rd floor of the Tower of Frozen Shadow are now lore and cannot be traded on free trade ruleset servers.
*** Collections ***
– Increased the drop rate of collectibles within the Broken Mirror mission ‘The Head of the Snake’.
– Made the following changes to Torment of Velious collections:
– – All collections should now be acquirable.
– – The Restlessly Shattered collectibles drop from restless dwarves, giants, and orcs in Eastern Wastes.
– – The Useless Tools collectibles drop from restless kobolds and Coldain in the Seeking the Sorcerer mission in Velketor’s Labyrinth.
– – Rare NPCs in Kael can now drop collectibles.
– – Geonids in Crystal Caverns no longer drop spider parts.
*** Tradeskills ***
– The tradeskill questline for Torment of Velious is now available.
*** Quests & Events ***
– You Can’t Go Back Home – Fixed an issue that could cause the Restless Ry’Gorr to not appear if there was already one there. This prevented two people from completing the task at the same time and would make it so that the second person to scoop up Orctooth would not be able to continue the task without stealing the Restless Ry’Gorr from the other player(s).
– Last of the Storm Boars – Fixed issue that caused pets to sometimes prevent task updates.
– The Way Back Home – Made the following changes to this quest:
– – Reduced the experience and coin granted for completing this quest.
– – The NPC named a restless aged Coldain is no longer unique, which could have prevented her from spawning if multiple groups working on the quest at the same time.
– – The NPC named a restless aged Coldain now has an undead body type and uses a restless ice visual.
– Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears – Rustbottom is now immune to stun, mesmerization, charm, etc.
– Velium Coldain Insignia Ring (8th Ring) – The character that hands in the Marching Orders will now have loot rights for Chief Ry’Gorr.
– Unfettered Emerald Excellence – Made the following changes:
– – Unbearable Heat and Magnificent Presence will no longer apply on aura entry. They will only be applied periodically.
– – In the final phase, suits of armor that spawn will always be of different types.
– – Added logic to have the suits of armor despawn themselves if the raid has been completed.
– – Reordered the logic for an Elemental Incompatibility penalty so that the messaging occurs before the penalty spell is applied.
– – When the Mark of <type> buffs indicating which wing is safe are applied, all characters will also receive a buff that blocks up to 3 applications of Steaming Stone Scorch.
*** Spells ***
– Scribing a new rank of a spell will now try to auto-memorize the spell for you.
– Scribing reward set spells will always close your spellbook if updating your memorized spell list.
– Damaging Aura spells now report last hit damage to players who did not receive kill credit.
– Elemental Minion III will now summon the intended pet.
*** AA ***
– All – Fixed numerous description errors.
– All – Fixed an issue where Glyphs were unavailable at levels 69, 84, 99, and 114.
– All – Adjusted the levels that ranks 11-12 of each classes’ Synergy ability can be purchased to match the required level of the spell or combat ability that triggers the ability.
– Bard – Improved the duration extension of all ranks of Selo’s Sonata from 2 to 5 minutes.
– Beastlord – Improved the resist modifier for ranks 11-18 and 23-28 of Raven’s Claw and Gorilla Smash.
– Berserker – Changed Binding Axe to trigger Lingering Wound when fading for any reason rather than only when fading to duration.
– Enchanter – Updated all ranks of Tashan’s Lingering Cry to focus spells up to level 115.
– Enchanter – Self Stasis will now count down in buff-held zones.
– Enchanter – Changed the spell landed message on all ranks of Mental Contortion to differ from the Mind Shatter spell line.
– Enchanter – Changed the spell worn off messages for all ranks of Chromatic Haze and Gift of Chromatic Haze to be more unique.
– Magician – Updated all ranks of Steel Vengeance to include Shock of Burning Steel.
– Magician – Updated ranks 5-6 of Flames of Power to include Chaotic Pyroclasm.
– Necromancer – Updated all ranks of Funeral Pyre to focus spells up to level 115.
– Paladin – Fixed an issue where the duration of Inquisitor’s Judgment ranks 16+ was less than intended.
– Rogue – Fixed ranks 7-8 of Focus: Exuberant Dagger-Throw to properly include Powerful Dagger-Throw.
– Shadowknight – Updated all ranks of Focused Bites to include Vulak’s Bite.
– Shadowknight – Fixed an issue where the duration of Veil of Darkness ranks 2+ was less than was intended.
– Shaman – Inconspicuous Totem will now count down in buff-held zones.
– Warrior – Improved the resist modifier for all ranks of Gut Punch and Gut Punch Strike.
– Wizard – Updated ranks 3+ of Trifurcating Magic to allow Cryomancy to overwrite Arcane Disjunction Aura Effect.
*** NPCs ***
– Corrected an issue where pets and mounts could be left behind when their owner left the zone.
– Re-tuned rare spawns throughout Torment of Velious to address some that were spawning too frequently or too rarely.
– Zombies in Torment of Velious Great Divide now use newer zombie models.
– Thosgromri, and other rare creatures in Torment of Velious, will no longer equip the weapon augment Arctic Ornament and use it as a makeshift blender.
– Fixed a problem with some gargoyles in Velketor’s Labyrinth that caused them to have a low chance to land attacks.
– Removed a rare that was spawning in the Kael Drakkel instance erroneously.
*** Progression Servers ***
– Guild teleport merchants will no longer sell Brilliant Frigid Gemstone until Torment of Velious unlocks.
– Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
– – The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
– – Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
– – The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
– – The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
– – The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
– – The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
– – The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
– – The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
– – The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.
*** Miscellaneous ***
– Special locations that allow the use of Bind Affinity on melee classes will now display a message when entering and exiting their boundaries.
– Addressed an issue that would cause the client to appear hung when it should have just closed due to graphics issues.
– Achievement links in tells now log correctly.
– Corrected an issue where Heroic Characters would not always have their AAs auto-granted.
– Added achievements for reaching level 115 skill caps.
*** UI ***
– Corrected an issue where the AA window wouldn’t always update if Can Purchase was enabled.
– Corrected an issue where critical nukes caused by the innate wizard critical hit chance were not reported as critical hits.
– Changed –
– The EverQuest Team